The best time to visit Uganda is during the Dry season from December/January through to mid March and from June through to mid-September. These dry months are the most popular with tourists, with July and August and Christmas and New Year being the peak seasons. Although Dry season is the best time to visit, Uganda is a year-round destination, with good game viewing in some Destination throughout the year,
The weather shows the average daily minimum and maximum temperatures in Celsius and the average monthly precipitation.
The best time to travel in the year would be between the months of January and February then June to September. The weather is perfect, dry Season with little or no rainfall.
What is the best time to travel in Uganda for Tour activities?
Best Time:-June to August and December to February (All parks)
High Season: – June to September (It’s rarely crowded, but you’ll need to book your gorilla permits long in advance)
Low Season:-March, April, May, October, November (Some lodges and camps in high rainfall areas close down; roads and forest trails can be in poor condition)
Best Weather:-June-July and January-February (Little rainfall)
Worst Weather:-March, April and May (Peak of Wet season)
June to August and December to February Dry Season
- This is the best time for gorilla trekking because these are the drier months
- In the savannah reserves, vegetation is less and animals gather around water sources, making wildlife easier to spot
- Even during the high season (June to September) the parks don’t feel crowded
- The skies are clear; there is less rain and more sunshine
- Gorilla permits need to be booked very far in advance
March to May and September to November-Wet Season
- The scenery of the savannah reserves is greener – it’s low season, resulting in lower rates
- Although wildlife in the savannah reserves is easier to spot in the Dry season, you’ll still see plenty
- There are many newborn animals
- Some of the roads get very bad and cars often get stuck; forest trails can become slippery and challenging
- You won’t be able to change your expensive gorilla permit if it pours with rain; departures go as scheduled
Best Time to Go to Uganda by Major Park
- All parks are best visited during the Dry season from June to August and December to February.